Mobility Services Platform MSP Services by Technology
Symbol's highly trained and experienced Mobility Services team combines expertise in enterprise mobility design and implementation with deep industry experience. Whether you run a hospital, manufacturing plant, wholesale or retail business, or an airport, we'll help you get the most out of your mobility management software. Benefits of using Symbol's services team include:
- Rapid time to completed integration, so you realize the value of your mobile technology faster.
- Detailed consultative reports identifying requirements and documenting system design.
- Advanced implementation support from onsite consultants to minimize disruption to your business.
Our professional and support services span the entire solution lifecycle. From initial assessment and rollout through training and support, we apply proven technology and processes to ensure the highest-level MSP performance for a single point of control for your mobile devices, wireless infrastructure and mobile applications.
|The daunting task of deploying the hundreds or thousands of devices required to support your enterprise is time consuming, very costly and complicated further by the fact that you have multiple office locations.
||MSP's powerful templates enable your administrators to quickly configure and deploy any number of devices, remotely and cost effectively, wherever they are located. Thousands of devices can be deployed in minutes instead of months, dramatically reducing the time and costs associated with initial and ongoing device deployment.|
|Keeping software updated on mobile devices requires your administrators to physically locate and connect the devices to a PC. Not only is this an extremely time consuming and costly task, it also impacts user productivity while devices are being updated.
||MSP delivers the power to remotely and automatically manage the applications, operating systems and firmware on your mobile devices, regardless of location. Updates that took weeks now take minutes, dramatically reducing the time and cost associated with ongoing software management.
|You need to be able to support your end users and troubleshoot mobile device issues faster and more cost-effectively.||MSP provides remote real-time visibility into a wide variety of mobile device metrics, enabling IT staff to quickly and easily identify and resolve end-user mobile device issues. IT staff time required for support is minimized - along with your support costs.
|Your wireless infrastructure is not easy to manage or control; issues are not visible in real time, often developing into major problems that impact performance. Deploying security is complex and costly. And your wireless LAN performance is not consistent or optimal, affecting network availability - and employee productivity.
||MSP provides a single point of control for your entire wireless LAN infrastructure - whether you have one or many locations. Instant notification of network issues allows timely resolution before performance is impacted. Robust authentication and encryption security mechanisms can be quickly and easily deployed throughout your organization. And visibility into wireless network infrastructure metrics provides the information you need to keep your wireless LAN operating at peak performance, with maximum uptime.
Manage mobile devices, mobile applications and wireless infrastructure from a single point of control.
Simplify and reduce the costs of managing your enterprise mobility solution with anywhere, anytime end-to-end visibility and control of all your mobile devices, mobile applications and wireless infrastructure. This scalable solution is ideal for any size environment - from a single corporate office or many locations around the world, and from hundreds to thousands of handheld computers, bar code scanners, wireless switches, access points and other mobile devices. And this single management system provides the flexibility to support your heterogeneous enterprise mobility solution - a single management system that supports all Symbol wireless infrastructure and mobile devices and Windows CE- and Pocket PC-based mobile device.
Powerful single point of control for your entire enterprise mobility solution.
Easily manage your entire enterprisemobility solution with an unprecedented single point controlfor your mobile devices, mobile applications and wireless networkinfrastructure. An intuitive Web-based interface provides convenientand flexible anywhere, anytime management. And a comprehensiveset of features enables full lifecycle management, allowing youto easily deploy, monitor, track and transition all your devices - frommobile computers and bar code scanners to access points, wirelessswitches and access ports.
Rapid deployment tools.
Out-of-the-box staging and deployment of new devices is fast andeasy with MSP. Mobile computers and wireless infrastructure areautomatically discovered and categorized. Automated templates enableinstant configuration and launching of devices, complete with theappropriate software. Initial deployment time for thousands ofdevices is reduced from months to minutes. Ongoing provisioningof mobile devices and network infrastructure with software updates(including operating system, firmware and applications) is reducedfrom weeks to minutes.
Day-to-day management tools.
Quickly and easily identify, resolveand prevent hardware and software issues across your entire mobilitysolution with comprehensive fault management features and end-to-endreal-time monitoring capabilities. Peak performance of mobilecomputers, applications and wireless infrastructure is easilyachieved through visibility of many metrics, including: mobiledevice battery, CPU and memory usage; application performance;and network throughput. Protect your data and wireless networkfrom unauthorized access through robust authentication and encryptionmechanisms - and the ability to quickly terminaterights for lost or stolen devices. A wide variety of reports providerobust accounting that simplifies asset management and providesa full 'who-what- when-and-where' audit trail of management tasks.And MSP easily integrates with your current Enterprise Manager.
Remote end-user support capability.
MSP's Remote Control feature providesthe information you need to quickly and easily resolve end-userissues with malfunctioning devices and wireless applicationsas well as wireless network connectivity. Complete visibilityinto devices and applications enables your support center torapidly troubleshoot problems, minimizing workforce downtime - andincreasing productivity. And training your remote end-users issimple and cost-effective with the ability to literally control the device.
MSP solution components. The major components of MSP are:
- MSP Appliance: Available in two versions, the MSP Server is a pre-configured rack mount appliance that is up and running in minutes. MSP Lite supports up to 2,000 managed elements and MSP Enterprise supports up to 5,000 managed elements. MSP Servers can be used individually or in combination to manage very large distributed environments.
- MSP Console: A Web-based user interface that provides anywhere, anytime management of your entire enterprise mobility solution.
- MSP Agents: Resident on mobile devices, these software agents collect a wide variety of monitoring information from your mobile devices and wireless infrastructure, such as battery level, network statistics, CPU utilization and configuration information
Site Survey - Barcode / RFID / EPC / WAN / LAN Whether you are looking for a Wireless site survey (WiFi) for your barcode system or an RFID site survey for your RFID Solution, Information Management Technologies's site survey provides written measurements and analysis of a site by a Certified Wireless System Engineer, trained in network design, to determine an optimal number, placement, and configuration of equipment required to ensure 100% radio frequency (RF/RFID) coverage in designated areas of your facility. Our WiFi Site Survey, Barcode Site Survey, RFID Site Survey all result in detailed specifications required for network layout. These specifications will vary depending on your method of data collection including Barcode, WiFi, or RFID Integration.
Site survey findings will include:
- Barcoding: Number of access points, hubs, routers, switches, bridges, and/or cabling, addressing equipment quantities and placement, RF coverage, interference considerations, power considerations, and wiring requirements for your specific facility.
- RFID/EPC Global Compliance: Number of Fixed or Mobile RFID Readers (RFID Interrogators), Class 1 or Class 0, Gen2, UHF (ultra-high frequency) band (e.g. 900 MHz), Transponders (Tags), Antennas, and/or cabling, addressing equipment quantities and placement, RF coverage, interference considerations (examples include: nylon conveyor belts, proprietary wireless LAN implementations, electronic motors on lift trucks, and electric pallet jacks), power considerations, and wiring requirements for your specific facility.
- LAN/WAN: Number of access points, hubs, routers, switches, bridges, and/or cabling, addressing equipment quantities and placement, RF coverage, interference considerations, power considerations, and wiring requirements for your specific facility.
The specifications are intended to serve as a guide for sizing and planning your application whether it’s Bar coding, RFID/EPC Global Compliance, or LAN/WAN. For multiple facilities, a multi-site site survey plan would be quoted.
Information Management Technologies's Responsibilities:
- Schedule site surveys within two weeks of a request.
- Measure radio characteristics of the facility in requested designated areas.
- Analyze results of the site survey.
- Determine placement of necessary equipment, to provide full RF coverage in requested designated areas, or confirm existing equipment.
- Survey and identify RF interference.
- Survey and identify power requirement options.
- Survey existing network topology.
- Verify host connectivity in the network.
- Design WLAN for RF coverage and ethernet segment connectivity into existing network.
- Document planned point(s) of connectivity into existing network.
- Document equipment placement, RF coverage, power requirement considerations, RF interferences, and wiring requirements.
- Document the configuration of the equipment to be installed.
- Prepare and send a Site Survey Report of the documented specifications to clients.
- Provide a facility layout drawing prior to site survey. If possible, drawing should reflect all existing network hubs/routers/switches locations.
- Arrange for facility access and any necessary escorts.
- Designate areas in which RF coverage is required.
- Provide adequate scissor lift or forklift on the day the site survey is to be preformed. Lift must be available or entire site survey.
- Notify Information Management Technologies of the requested site survey date to allow at least a two-week minimum.
- The site survey will provide equipment quantity, placement recommendations, product brand recommendations, power considerations, and wiring requirements as they relate to your facility.
From start to finish, Information Management Technologies, Inc. will work with you to maximize the productivity of your barcode & RFID data collection systems.
Click here to have a System Integration Consultant contact you, or you can call us at (425) 322-5078.